Head of Procurement and Material Management
The Head of Procurement and Material Management is accountable for all procurement and material management processes within the organization and reports to the CEO. To evaluate technical requirements for functions and processes to support technical areas of aircraft operations and negotiate terms and conditions optimally required to finalize technical services with the capable support providers for efficient contracting. The areas to understand requirements and identifying the service providers to finalize the support programs shall include but not limited to maintenance and repair, and other support activities of Aircrafts, Engines, Components, Materials, Equipment, Software and maintenance tools, inventory management and systems, Tools and Equipment through controlled processes and approved procedures.
The ideal candidate will monitor, lead and administer technical procurement, general procurement and material management teams, as well as the contracted service providers to ensure compliance to the agreed terms and conditions to meet the desired service standards to optimize efficiency and effective operations.
- Understanding the business processes and technical requirement to meet technical standards of the organization related to Technical Operations and maintenance of Aircraft for developing and presenting request for proposals for support agreements and contracts on behalf of the company;
- Develop the sourcing and procurement strategy to ensure the best cost efficiency, quality of service, products, airworthiness and reliability and other key company deliverables;
- Responsible for negotiating the technical requirements and the best commercial terms and conditions in procurement of cost-effective support programs to support technical operations;
- Lead and oversee the contract and procurement cycle to identify potential synergies and improvements to ensure lowest cost of ownership for technical contracts.
- Liaise and coordinate with other departments and divisions for integrated strategies and benefits in a alliance perspective to increase efficiency and reduce overall spending in alliance level, also looking at bringing additional business benefits for the company
- Monitor and coordinate with relevant departments to ensure compliance with regulations and standards of the regulatory authorities for maintaining the quality and safety standards along with the organizations governance, legal and ethics compliance
- Identify cost saving opportunities and revenue generation venues and initiate steps on execution of the same with full understanding with the senior management on the objectives, targets and methods with utmost clarity
- Coordinate with Service Providers and suppliers including the manufacturers on PBH, GTAs and other format of agreements required to manage the operational requirements
- Management and administration of supplier
- Technical Budget control and management of cost to meet the budget requirements
- Identify internal/external training requirements to enhance staff knowledge, career development and performance to the best industry standard. Also understanding the policies and procedures of the organization to ensure strict compliance and governance
- Ensures that the operational requirements of the store including are carried out in compliance with the organization manuals/expositions, CPM and internal procedures and in accordance with the EASA standards and regulations as applicable and ensures the smooth running of material management division;
- Develop the material management strategy to ensure the best flow of materials between vendors and within the company warehouses;
- Overseas the inventory lists in main warehouse and outstations and inventory rotation;
- Responsible for negotiating the requirements and the best commercial terms and conditions with Freight forwarders and DHL/FedEx;
- Monitor and coordinate with relevant departments to ensure compliance with Customs and Tax regulations in relation to components and materials;
- Management and administration of annual inventory of main warehouses and quarterly inventory of outstations;
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 7 years’ work experience with at least 3 years in a Managerial or team lead capacity together in Contract Management, Negotiations and Analytical roles in a technical or operations division in aviation industry.
- A very good exposure in Supplier management, negotiations and high value technical standards.
- Must be able to demonstrate high level of knowledge and Management skills in understanding technical requirements and commercial terms translating into contract language
- Technical degree from any reputed Universities required
- Trained in EASA Part-145 and Part-M requirements
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Good understanding and knowledge of technical documents
- Cost evaluation and analysis pertaining to the technical standards and commercial conditions
- Ability to negotiate at the highest levels with suppliers, OEMS and other vendors
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal English Language & communication skills
- Ability to produce high quality documentation and reports
- Aptitude to work and coordinate with various sections/vendors/customers
- Competitive Tax-free Salary
- Comprehensive Health insurance
- 30 days holiday per year
- Learning & Development
- Work life balance
- Free access to a fully equipped gym